Yoga is a physical and spiritual discipline that originated in ancient India. It is an art of living, which provides the individual with mental peace and harmony. Yoga has been practiced for centuries to heal various maladies such as back pain, depression, anxiety, insomnia, and much more. The benefits of yoga are numerous and include increased concentration levels, better sleep patterns, improved cardiovascular health among other things. This blog post will provide you with 8 minutes of yoga exercises that can be done at work to help reduce stress levels while increasing productivity.
8 Minutes Of Yoga For Work- A Quick Guide To Help You Reduce Stress Levels While Increasing Productivity At Work
- Tadasana: Stand straight with your arms by the sides. Make sure that you are standing on both feet parallel to each other and with knees slightly bent. Now breathe in and as you breathe out, raise your head up gently while you look up to the ceiling and then slowly tilt your neck backward for a few seconds as if making a cobra hood above your head. Slowly bring back your head in a neutral position as you inhale and exhale. Repeat 8 times.
- Uttanasana: This is similar to Tadasan but more intense version of it which improves the flexibility and the strength of the spine. First exhale half way as you stand straight with arms by the side and look forward beyond your feet. Take a deep breath in as you bend down while keeping your hands on thighs or calves, then bring back to neutral position. Do 8-10 times.
- Pranamasana: In this exercise, you have to take 8 breaths beginning with inhaling for 8 seconds followed by 8 seconds of holding breath after which 8 seconds are devoted to exhaling until all air is out from the lungs before taking another 8 second breathe in. This exercise does wonders to the immune system and is the most relaxing 8-minute yoga exercise at work.
- Halasana: Lie on a flat surface when you are 8 minutes into the exercise. Prop your head on one of your palms while placing other palm around your neck corresponding with opposite shoulder. Hold this position for 8 breaths before returning back to Tadasan, position as in step 1 of 8 minutes of yoga for work.
- Kapalbhati: This is an intense breathing technique which helps in cleansing lungs, digestion and blood circulation and thus it helps as one gets fit from within. For 8 minutes of yoga for work though, you do not have to repeat it 8 times; you can do it once or twice as per your comfort level. Exhale as you contract abdominal muscles and release the breath quickly 8 times at a high rate of speed before 8 minutes are up.
- Adho Mukha Shvanasana: Take 8 breaths in this position with your eyes closed. Fold your knees slowly and grab each wrist behind back in shrimat pose. Hold for 8 seconds on both sides or alternatively, open arms into Namaste position by bringing them outwards to face the ceiling while taking 8 deep breaths.
- Bhujangasana: 8 minutes of yoga for work is incomplete without 8 breaths in Bhujang Asana, which gives a great stretch to the spine. Lie on your stomach and keeping elbows by your side as you inhale 8 times into cobra hood pose with forehead resting on floor while exhaling 8 times.
- Dhanurasana: 8 minutes of yoga for 8 breaths in Dhanur asana, which is the ultimate back and body stretcher. This 8-minute yoga exercise requires 8 breaths to be taken into a bow position so that waist is touching thighs while both feet are lifted off the floor. 8 breathes are to be taken in this pose before coming out of it. Repeat 8 times if possible.
Yoga is a great way to relax and relieve stress. It can also increase productivity by improving concentration, agility, endurance, balance, and strength. In this blog post, we’ve shared 8 yoga poses that you can do in the office or at home during your lunch break for just 8 minutes per day! If you want more information about how these poses work, please leave a comment below! We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
All About On Fire Fitness & Physical Therapy
On Fire Fitness & Physical Therapy has one mission: promoting fitness, health, and lifestyle changes we all need to stay happy and healthy well into our senior years. Starting small, focusing on one behavior at a time, and support from others can help you achieve your exercise or other health-related goals. Making a lifestyle change can be challenging, especially when you want to transform many things at once. But we know, the hardest step in climbing to the top of a mountain is the first one.
This post was created with the assistance of cbd online companies. At Mary Jane’s CBD Dispensary, they are passionate about providing their customers with the best quality products and services. Not only do they offer a variety of top-notch CBD Hemp products for you to choose from, but also Naturopathic treatments for physical disabilities or mental illnesses. They want everyone who comes through their online doors to leave feeling refreshed and healthy so they can live their lives on their own terms. Get in touch if you have any questions!